How I learned to design emek parts

-From Clay to 3d Animation to CAD, and all other types of 3d Design
Heyman
Site Admin

How I learned to design emek parts

Post by Heyman »

Tinker cad is great for making some things, but cant handle the complex files released by PE. This was incredibly hard work to figure this simple answer out.... :( :( :P :twisted:
Mesh mixer. Its a free program by autodesk, capable of handling the complex files released by PE.
Between it and tinkercad, you can do most basic things.
Go forth minions! customize paintball! rule the world! burn down the paintball industry!
Maybe I'm just crazy.
I'm definitely crazy.
oO wait no.
I just had one tooO many!
Skibba

Re: How I learned to design emek parts

Post by Skibba »

I like fusion 360. Learned inventor in HS around 2005 or '06 so still a learning curve for fusion as workflow is different.

I did my mg100 parts from scratch. Measured the core and went from there. Had some help and first design was done before I even had the gun.
Heyman
Site Admin

Post by Heyman »

its almost as though the open source files from pe were such a pita you thought it was easier to just reverse engineer it lol
Go forth minions! customize paintball! rule the world! burn down the paintball industry!
Maybe I'm just crazy.
I'm definitely crazy.
oO wait no.
Skibba

Post by Skibba »

I had tried to use them previously and print designs through shapeways and it didn't work. Plus I wasn't sure about full bodies at first so I stepped through a bunch of iterations. That and the mg100s weren't officially released yet so wasn't 100% sure if differences between them and the emek.
Heyman
Site Admin

Post by Heyman »

to that note, when Bryan and I first started this a year or more ago, there were some glitches with the auto quote programs using jacks complex meshes. This resulted in a major price increase at one point, not just from shapeways but also for me at 3d hubs, as the autoquote program updated to fix the problem. In general, when I upload those files at autoquote print farm websites, it now seems to work much better. Maybe worth revisiting for ya
Maybe I'm just crazy.
I'm definitely crazy.
oO wait no.
Skibba

Post by Skibba »

I didn't run into pricing issues as much as fitment issues. Not sure if I had picked the wrong variables or what. Models looked good (used Jack's files as a base) but they just wouldn't fit. Can't remember the extract reason now though.